Brewing in Singapore

One man's adventure of brewing beer in Asia.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Snap!

Well, I brewed this first two batches of beer today and they both went off pretty much without major difficulties. It only took 13 hours for them both, not bad considering that they were the first two batches on that system. There are a few more bug to be worked out, but I will be brewing another double tomorrow. Today I brewed the Sienna Ginger Beer (or as we will be calling it Archipelago Trader's Ale), tomorrow, the Belgian style Wit Beer (Archipelago Traveler's Wheat). Today was a pretty exciting day, I was assisted by my friend Ernest and Itipan one of Ernest's Thai workers (thank goodness they were there - I needed the help). Tomorrow should be fun as well. It really (REALLY) feels great to be brewing once more - It has been a while, but now - Snap! - Now, I'm a brewer again!

5 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Jeff Alworth said...

So, ah, when do Americanos get distribution?

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Fal Allen said...

In three weeks the beers will go on at our outlet downtown, please drop by, or for you Americanos not yet in Singapore - as soon as you visit (I have been here 9 months and only my sister and nephew have been here - visitors welcome)

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Jeff Alworth said...

I'm somewhat East of Singapore (West?), but I will be traveling through Asia in November. If we travel via Singapore, I'll make sure there's a layover and check things out.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Ben, aka BadBen said...

That's a long brewing day! Professional micro-brewing is definitely hard work, as it is. You'll dial it in, though.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Fal Allen said...

No that was a 13 hour brew day, it took another two weeks before we packaged it.

The outlet/pub is on Circular road - you can't miss it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home