Brewing in Singapore

One man's adventure of brewing beer in Asia.

Thursday, August 04, 2005


Yes, I know - I should update the blog more often .... but I am busy with ... ahh. well...
Things....


I was in Singapore for the first two weeks of July to help designe the brewery and the equipment. Lots of work and a little bit of play (more on the play later). The picture above is of the area where the brewery will soon be. The facility will take up all the grass area and the motor bike parking (yeah, the bikers are loosing their prime parking real estate - I know, it's a clear case of biker discrimination - sorry). The spiral staircase will have to go too. Where the motor bikes are now will be the entry area and the tasting room will be above that. About 2/3 of the grassy area will be dedicated to the brewery. I am not exactly sure what the exterior will look like. The building design has changed several times and it has been about 3 weeks since I left Singapore so there may be a whole new concept by now. The aim is to have it look rustic and local - like it is 75 or so years old. Not at all like the current brewery of Blue and yellow. It now looks like I will be making the permanent move to Singapore sometime in September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home